Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Stupid Dowtown Crossing

Stupid Downtown Crossing. I hate this stupid place. Unfortunately, I have to come to this hellmouth five days a friggin' week.

Today, I went to CVS and as I was standing at the register, I started to smell smoke. No one said anything, naturally, but it smelled like the shit was burning down. Something was on fire!

I went outside and sure enough, the ashtray attached to the building was on fire. Some asshat threw a lit cigarette into a pile of old butts and other miscellaneous items and walked away, leaving the container to catch fire. It was pouring out the most heinous, repulsive-smelling, noxious smoke. I dumped my nalgene into it and put out the fire.

Stupid Downtown Crossing.

Then, as I was walking down the busy sidewalk, a UPS truck decides he is going to try to cross the paths of about 30 pedestrians instead of waiting until the horde passed. An older man was taking his sweet time getting out of the UPS truck's way and the driver hollered at him, "Move your ass! I'll run you over!"

I mean, was that really necessary? Really? No. It was not. I know those drivers are in a hurry and whatnot, but please, that was uncalled for.

This stupid area of the city turns people into blubbering, foul-mouthed, ignorant, disrespectful assholes. Stupid Dirty Crossing. That's all. I feel much better now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

test