Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ha Ha, Subway Bitch!

So I get on the train this morning and sit next to a woman reading the Metro. I pull out my copy which I have already opened to the puzzle section so I can do their sudoku puzzle. She is scoping me out me in that way that fellow train riders will do. Looking off to the side at my paper without moving her head. She is calm for a brief second and then I watch as she starts frantically flipping pages to get to the puzzles. Bitch wants to go! She is going to try to BEAT me at my own game. A challenger!

Bring it.

She starts furiously scribbling in numbers, seeing as how I already have at least a two minute headstart. She is seriously trying to finish the puzzle before me and I am getting all nervous and shaky. I've never had a sudoku race! I can't believe she is making me sweat. So I pull out the big guns and really, really focus on the puzzle. I have to pause for a moment to thoroughly survey the grid and I know she thinks she has me. Bitch don't know what she got comin'.

After a second, I make a major breakthrough and finish the game before we get to Kendall MIT. Ha. She is still trying to solve it through Charles MGH. Park Street is her stop, so she folds up her paper with the incomplete grid, puts it in her bag, and quietly accepts defeat.

HA! A little healthy competition is a great way to start a Friday.

Anyone want to have a sudoku tournament?

No comments: