Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Back-Scratching Good Time

I got to the train station this morning and nearly ripped my shirt off because my back was itching so bad. Wicked dry skin this time of the year in MJLand.
I remembered:

I used to work the register at this place that shall remain nameless. One of my coworkers there was hot. I mean h-o-t, hot. He was recently divorced with two children and I knew from the moment we met that we were not meant to be. But, boy, oh boy, how I loved working those shifts with him. Watching him bag the unnecessary crap that people purchase, seeing him fight with the register and win, watching him hold the door open for old people. He could dance too. Mmmm. I had such a terrible crush.

So one day, I am at the register doing my thang and my back starts itching like crazy. I turned into a contortionist, trying desperately to reach that one inaccessible spot on my back without success.

He came up behind me, I didn't even know he was there, and started scratching my back. It felt so nice.

That's all I want. I want that moment when my special someone has anticipated and realized my needs and without speaking, takes action. It is so nice to be cared for and seen and to reciprocate in turn. For all of my coupled friends out there, you are lucky. Be appreciative and be good to each other.

No comments: