Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wacky, Crazy Deutschland

So I was planning on posting a follow-up to my last post, but I am too scatter-brained to do that. Instead, I'd like to share the following things:

1) I was granted a 6-month visa today with the option to renew. WOOHOO!

2) German governmental agencies confuse the shit out of me, but I have found that a smile goes a long way, even here.

3) Today, I saw a woman comfortably riding a bike in stilettos. You go, girl.

4) Minutes prior, I saw a woman riding a bike with a kid in front of her, and a baby behind her. Wowzers, gadget! All I could think of was how awful it would be if the lot of them crashed. It was kind of neat, regardless.

5) I opened a checking and savings account this afternoon. As part of the process, the bank dude took apart the telephone my employer lent me. He needed the serial number and some identification information from the battery. Weird. That shit is lost in translation.

6) My roommate leaves the windows open all the time, to air the apartment out. It is driving me bat-shit crazy. I understand that it is good to air out the place, but ALL DAY?! In the dead of WINTER? NO, not good. We will be discussing this soon.

Anyway, that's all I got at the moment.

Peace out.

No comments: