Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Quitting My Quit Meter

As I have mentioned before, I've got a Quit Meter installed on my computer to track my progress with quitting smoking. I'm about to transfer all of my important data off my PC and onto my new MacBook (yippee!), so I'm going to shut down the meter, but I thought I'd give one last update from it.

As of right now, it has been 2 years, 1 week and 6 days since my last cigarette. I've saved approximately $2,933 and I've not smoked 11,173 cigarettes. That's a whole lot of smokes and a lot of time. Every single one takes roughly 5 minutes, right? It's good to be reminded that I've spent all that time otherwise. Wow. Man, that makes me happy.

But I still want one. How fucked up is that?

3 comments:

parowpyro said...

good job! mmm. cigarettes. you're a better man than i.

shawn.

Anonymous said...

Your friends and family are so proud of you. The fact that you still struggle and don't give in makes us that much more impressed by your choices and strength.

Just saying.

Anonymous said...

I agree with GJM. Totally awesome. I never knew there were such things to help people quit smoking. The figures are inspiring. Nice chatting with you on the plane today.