Sunday, February 10, 2008

Seven Things

I've been tagged!!! I feel so honored! Thank you, Abigail!

The rules are as follows:
# Link to the person who tagged you
# Post the rules on your blog.
# Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
# Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
# Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

1. I am missing one of my bottom molars. My mom and my sister are both missing the same tooth. I had a baby tooth, but the permanent one never came in. It's an eastern European thing apparently.

2. I usually order the same breakfast at diners: two eggs, over-easy, bacon or sausage, homefries, and wheat toast. I always have to eat the egg whites first, then I dip one slice of bread in one egg yolk. Then the other slice in the other egg. Then I eat the bacon or sausage. Finally, I eat the homefries with gobs and gobs of ketchup.

3. I'll take cheese over chocolate 9 out of 10 times.

4. I was a life-long nail biter until I looked at my fingers under a microscope in high school biology.

5. I have met two of my favorite authors: Anne Rice and Tom Robbins. Both times, I felt like I could die happy.

6. I spent a summer in Italy when I was in high school. While there, I was introduced to fresh apricots. I ate so many that summer that I literally turned orange from too much beta-carotene.

7. I love the Food Network! Bobby Flay is my man!

I'm tagging 2 of my favorite ladies:

Allison
Melissa

2 comments:

Abigail Road said...

Cheese, any kind of cheese, is the bomb.

allison said...

Thanks for the tag, Megs! I'm not so much for meme-ing on my blog, but I'll gladly post my seven weird/random facts here.

1. I've never broken a bone.

2. A little while ago, a friend of mine was in a coffee shop in a neighborhood in Chicago that she doesn't normally frequent, and she recognized a person walking by as one of my coworkers. She knew she'd met him once or twice with me, but couldn't remember his name, so the only way she could think to make a connection was to shout at him, "Hey! Do you know Allison Felus?!" I love this. I think this is a great way for my name to be used around the city. I think my friends should just go around shouting to people, "Hey! Do you know Allison Felus?!" and see what happens. It sounds egotistical, but really, what I love more is being the LEGO link between people.

3. I have a silver filling in a tooth on the right front side of my mouth, in one of my lower bicuspids. (I think it's a bicuspid. Not fully sure.) I don't remember when I got the filling in the first place (middle school or early high school probably), but somewhat recently my dentist asked if I wanted to mask it with a tooth-colored cap or whatever. I said no. I don't think it really shows that much, even when I smile, and I kind of like it anyway. It's part of me now, and I think it looks a little bit fierce.

4. Even though I was an English major and love few things more than reading books, there's a shitload of stuff that I never finished reading all the way through in college or even high school. "The Grapes of Wrath" and "Middlemarch" come especially (guiltily) to mind, mostly because I think I probably wrote somewhat lengthy essays about them both at some point.

5. I consider myself a reasonably well-dressed person and I find fashion, as a concept, terribly interesting, but I hate most other activities that relate specifically to clothing. I hate going shopping for clothes, I hate trying on clothes, I hate trying to coordinate ensembles for work or for different social events, I hate doing laundry, I hate trying to keep my closet organized, I hate ironing, I hate combing through my old stuff to potentially donate or give away to resale shops. Bleh.

6. I have five different e-mail accounts, all with basically distinct purposes.

7. I have no tattoos or piercings beyond my ears and have no current plans to get any of either. I wish I had a desire for one or the other, because I love and adore many peeps who have copious amounts of both, but I just don't think it would fit me.