Monday, January 28, 2008

Root Canal!

Tomorrow I am quite possibly getting a root canal and I am soooo not looking forward to it!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEK!!!!!

I've had a molar bugging me off and on for a while now, and I visited the dentist several times over the last month for other issues. She kept telling me there was nothing wrong with the tooth, but I kept insisting it was causing me pain. So finally, she did a more thorough exam and discovered that the tooth is cracked down to the gum line.

Depending on the severity of the crack and whether the tooth is salvageable, I may have to have a root canal. I've unfortunately done too much googling in advance of the appointment and have managed to totally freak myself out about the procedure. I'm usually pretty good with tooth stuff, and I'm sure it'll all work out fine, but I'm kind of nervous!

They gut the tooth! Pull out the pulp!!!! Pulp is a horrible word. Pulp.

Argh. Wish me luck, internet!

No comments: