Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cravings and Annoyances

CRAVINGS

I must be suffering from a serious burrito deficiency or something, because I cannot get enough of Boloco’s breakfast burritos! Huevos Rancheros! On a wheat wrap! Yes! With an iced coffee? Of course! Only $3? Are you joking?

Each morning, while I get ready for work, I tell myself, “I will not get a breakfast burrito today. I will not get a breakfast burrito today.” Then I get off the train and head straight to Boloco. It’s like a giant burrito magnet calling me home.

When I lived in Albuquerque, I was introduced to the joy and wonder that is the breakfast burrito, and my breakfast cravings have never been the same. Boston’s restaurant scene pisses me off for a variety of reasons, one of them being the lack of a decent breakfast burrito.

Other things that bother me about Boston’s culinary scene:

1) NOTHING is open after 11:00. Sure, there are a couple of places that offer breakfast at midnight, but they are few and far between. That, coupled with the ridiculous fact that the T shuts down around midnight, lead to a lot of drunken folks with no greasy spoon within walking distance. This makes no sense. None at all. There is a huge market for late-night eateries just waiting to be tapped. Is it some sort of blue law or something? Why can’t we have 24-hour restaurants?

2) Oh, well, I guess that is it.

3) Oh! There are not enough burrito/taco places. If I had my way, there would be a burrito place in every major square and near every single T station. Mmm…burritos.

ANNOYANCES

I dislike when women get their toenails painted in a French manicure style. The tips of their toenails are white, which only makes their toenails look freakishly long. I really, deeply dislike this look.

That is enough bitching for today, I guess. I’ll save my other annoyances for another day. I’m actually in a great mood, believe it or not. I get to see Radiohead tonight!!!! I am so excited. Have a good day!

3 comments:

allison said...

The way you wish there were more burrito/taco places in Boston is the way I wish there were more relatively inexpensive Indian joints in Chicago. Sure, there's the whole stretch of Devon Avenue up north, but it's difficult for me to get there on the train when I just really, really want some cheap rice and curry for dinner. I wish they were omnipresent the way Thai food places are around here.

Also, I could not agree with you more about the French pedicure thing. Ugh. It totally skeeves me out.

Enjoy Radiohead tonight!!!

Jonesalicious said...

Oooh..there are not enough Thai restaurants in Boston. That is my fourth Boston-related gripe.

Anonymous said...

Well not too many restaurants are open for eating that late at least in Bavaria either. (Maybe a döner shop or McDs.) uh oh.. and you might not like at first that grocery stores are open from 9am - 8pm M-Sa and closed all day Sundays and holidays. Convenience is not a priority in Germany, unfortunately.

Hope the concert rocked!